Jeff Vanuga is based in Dubois, Wyoming and specializes in both advertising and editorial media. His work has been published world-wide in magazines and major advertising campaigns. Some of his credits include National Geographic Magazine, National Geographic Traveler, Travel Holiday, People Magazine, NBC News, The Guardian, Outside, BBC Wildlife, National Wildlife, Ranger Rick, Audubon, Sierra Club, Time, Natural History, Smithsonian, Discovery, Wyoming Wildlife, Outside, New York Times, Random House, Apple Computer, Ford, Nissan, Frontier Airlines, Early Winters, Patagonia, Wyoming Division of Tourism and thousands more in magazines, advertising, books and calendars around the globe.
He has won major international awards including:
- First place in the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year and the National Wildlife Photographic Competition.
- Showcase top ten winner in the North American Nature Photography Competition in 2010 and 2011.
- Showcase top ten winner in Nature’s Best Photography Competition in 2008, 2010 and 2011.
- Placed 1st in the 2015 Olympus Global Open Competition Places to Preserve out of a – field of 120,000 submissions.
- Recently his book entitled “Fordor’s Compass Guide to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks” took a silver medal in the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill School of Journalism and Mass Communication from a field of 1,161 entries.
- Photo District News featured Jeff as one of their top 50 States Photographers and he has hosted TV shows on nature photography for the Outdoor Life Channel and Nature’s Best Magazine.
Jeff leads tours for the largest photography tour company in the world, Joseph Van Os Photo Safaris, and leads tours for national Geographic Expeditions, First Light Workshops and the Moab Photography Symposium. . His work is represented by Getty Images and the Nature Picture Library stock agencies.
Jeff will be our keynote speaker on Friday, September 22nd at the banquet as well as a presenter at the N4C Convention this September.
Rick started his professional photography career as an underwater photographer, producing six underwater books and leading scuba diving expeditions to the seven seas and to Lake Baikal, Siberia – the largest and deepest lake in the world.
He easily transitioned into travel, landscape, wildlife, cultural and nature photography. Rick’s images, from his travels to more than 100 countries, have been published in numerous newspapers and magazines, and have been featured in his 36 books, including the popular Rick Sammon’s Exploring the Light, 11 apps, including Rick Sammon’s 24/7 Photo Buffet, and in this on-line training classes.
In recognition of his talent and influence, Rick has been named a Canon Explorer of Light.
Rick is also a Westcott Top Pro Elite, recognized for his skill in portraiture and lighting. He was also named by Squarespace as one of the world’s best photographers. Keeping busy, Rick is also a Coloratti – a select group of photographers recognized, by x-rite, as color experts.
Rick is also an instructor on KelbyOne, where he shares his knowledge – though 13 classes – about light and composition.
While Rick describes himself as “evolving,” he hesitates to categorize his work. “I’m an A-to-Z type of photographer. I do it all – and I enjoy the freedom of not specializing.”
With nearly 40 years of experience, this self-taught photographer has many accomplishments – and many more anticipated for the road ahead. As Rick suggests, “When you are through changing, you are through.”
Rick will be our keynote speaker on Saturday, September 23rd at the banquet as well as a presenter at the N4C Convention this September.